Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2004 Cabernet Franc at Mendocino Restaurant


I don't know why I enjoy Cab Franc so much. Well, at the new-ish Georgetown wine bar, Mendocino, Steve and I savored a very nice CF from Crystal Valley Cellars. It was bottled under the name Cosentino. A 2004, it was smooth and creamy. Went better with Steve's venison chop than my cod and brussel sprouts.

Despite the negative reviews, the service was great, clientele older and more urbane, and food upwardly marginal. Though not innnovative, the menu was at least accessible and of good quality ingredients. Great selection of wines--many from California--offered by the glass, half bottle and full bottle, and range in price from 8 per glass to 600 per bottle. I'd go again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats