Saturday, February 02, 2008

When You Don't Have a Tedious Enough Personality to Enjoy Baking: Grilled Panatone & Marscapone



I don't bake. I'm not exacting, or patient, or able to follow rules. In fact, I can't stand following recipes. That's why I am a better cook than baker. Cooking is more forgiving and allows for interpretation and (even better) improvisation. Baking is more of a science with its measurements and coloring within the lines...and since I'm a scientist of the fake variety, it totally follows that I suck at this business of mixing and measuring and flour.






For those of you in the same boat, try this simple dessert. All it requires is the following:
-grill slices of Panatone bread
-whip marscapone cheese with your favorite liqueur (mine is Cointreau--better than Grand Marnier for food recipes)
-top the grilled bread with the cheese
-drizzle honey
-sprinkle with shaved dark chocolate


This is an easy, relatively elegant dessert for us rodeo clowns who find baking tedious. Tell your mama and your girlfriend with the matchy-matchy furniture/wardrobe about it.


p.s. It goes surprisingly well with a big red like cab or shiraz(or whatever is left over from dinner).






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rogainsta - So I am playing bachelor tonight, the wife is out trying to find a new Muslim husband at a hookah bar. I am going to try this and eat my sorrows away. Thanks for the post.

Yours,
Hippo

ROGANISTA said...

Dearest Hippo,

Please let me know how this turns out for you. And by this, I mean your marriage...

Best,

Roganista

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats