Saturday, May 02, 2009

Saturday Stuff

G and I went to the gym this morning. I ran five miles (but should have done more--I'm getting married soon, you know). We went to Whole Foods, picked up a bunch of random stuff, came home, and ate a mini baguette and butter with some pressed coffee.

{It's been overcast all day, but still warm and nice and our orchids are doing well.}




Later, I wrote a thank you note to Robert for his gift of dinner at La Terrazza in Portofino. We're using these neat pen and ink Homestead notecards. But the envelopes are thin. So I created this patterned paper with our monogram to line the envelope.




This kind of crap makes me hungry. So I made some guacamole for lunch. Please don't call it "guac". You're not cool when you say gwawk like that. I digress. Making guacamole is easy. The following is not a recipe, it's just what I did. You can do it, too!

1. Coarse chopped a shallot
2. Same thing for a clove of garlic
3. Minced a small bunch of cilantro
4. Seeded and cubed a Campari tomato
5. Put everything in a bowl and mashed it with a large spoon
6. Seasoned with grey salt
7. Squeezed some lime over the whole thing



We ate it with the crumbs from the bottom of a bag of blue tortilla chips as we purchased (online) handmade cuff links for our groomsmen. Check out Gabriel Caro if you like art and craftsmanship. (If you hate those things, you probably say guac and frequent chains--but you probably have a nice bag of full-sized Tostitos in your pantry/kitchen shelf.)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats