Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lox Three Ways



I paid way too much for a package of salmon lox the other day. To my shock, half of my $30 grocery bill was the salmon. Most of you know that I think salmon is prolitereate for dinners out, but lox is a different story. (For the uninitiated, lox is smoked salmon fillet that has been cured and then often cold-smoked. The cold smoking does not cook the fish, resulting in its characteristic smooth texture, similar to the raw product.)

I think I really need to get my money's worth. So instead of just putting it in my sandwich (with a slathering of creamed horseradish sauce, bunch of sprouts, and handful of greens on cracked wheat sour dough), I will put the fish to use in real recipes. Here are three good ones:

Smoked Salmon and Potato Galette

Smoked Salmon Frittata

Smoked Salmon and Caviar "Pizza"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats