Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mac n' Cheese of Leftovers, aka Festivus Casserole


I don't like casseroles, but party leftovers necessitate the baked meal in a dish. As I mentioned previously, we'll be eating Festivus scraps for the rest of the week. Last year it was the same thing: desperate for different ways to eat the truckload of remaining ham, we mixed a bunch of stuff together and put it in the oven. Herein, I'll call this Festivus casserole.




Similar to mac n' cheese, it starts with a Béchamel sauce with onions. I added a bunch of Comté and yogurt dill sauce (both leftover from the party). Boiled some pasta (rotelli) and frozen broccoli, and diced some ham.







Mixed it all together and put it in a casserole dish to bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Topped it with more grated cheese and broiled it for another 5 minutes. 
Et voilà
 
Gooey! (It's basically macaroni and cheese with extras)




Click on recipe to print

1 comment:

HisBirdie (Ali) said...

I'm not gonna lie, some Festivus Mac N Cheese sounds SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats