Thursday, February 19, 2009

Healthy Pantry Burrito


I'm at it again. I wanted to make something from scratch, but really haven't done much grocery shopping. I came home from the gym late tonight and wanted something quick. Eggs are quick.

Omelet? Boring. Need more substance.

We also had some whole wheat tortillas that have been sitting in the refrigerator for months. Yet oddly enough, they're still good. Burrrritto [rolls 'r' like Alex Tribec]!! What to add, what do we have...

-ham
-spinach
-can of pigeon peas
-onion and garlic
-adobo powder
-chili powder
-Worcestershire
-Cumin


So I scrambled the eggs,


Sauteed the ham onions, garlic, and spinach in a pat of butter



Added the pigeon peas, stirred a bit, added the Worcestershire, chili, adobo, and cumin.




Heated the tortilla and wrapped it around the egg and spinach mixture and added some Uncle Brutha's No 9 green sauce (a local favorite--they used to have a shop near Eastern Market, but not sure if they still do. Anyone know?). I think it took about 15 minutes to make.
G "plating" his burrito.


Yum! Not exactly fine dining, but pretty tasty as well as healthy (I'm being a little more conscious of it for the wedding)!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats