Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turnip & Beef Stew

I was really jonesing for some comfort food when we returned from Bejing Saturday night. So Sunday morning, still on Beijing time, we rose early and went grocery shopping. Since it was entirely too cold, rainy, and ugly out, I came home and started a beef stew at around 9am. I had purchased some turnips and beef cubes, had some red potatoes (along with some other vegez) in the crisper, and some bottles of black lager left from a party we had months ago. I put it all together and made a stew that I cooked in the crock pot for about eight hours while I laid around recovering from the bit of jetlag.
Served it over brown rice and enjoyed with a nice Foris pinot from Oregon.


















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats